Daily times and spaces, bricolage in the use of the city and unconscious countergeography that silently emerges building alternative maps which erode the non-places of the contemporary. Determined re-conquest of the right to non homologation and to non-use, according with already foreseen ways, of spaces to that designed.
The countergeography of the bodies is located in the residual spaces of the city, places produced by the attempt to rationally organize the urban territory:
- peripheral crossings and verges of communication roads as poles of local catering based on porchetta and lampredotto;
- park and ride lots and shopping centre parking lots such as night football fields.
It is the minute result of the variety (multiplicity) of the behaviors that the residual spaces welcome and allow:
- bus shelters equipped with chairs, brought from home, as a meeting place for the elderly in the afternoon and evening hours;
- spontaneous pedestrian and cycling paths through ‘empty’ areas;
- banks of streams and lands enclosed by road junctions used as urban kitchen gardens.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
These are the possible spaces invented by everyday life?
Maybe not, and certainly this has not always been the case. For this reason the theme of the right to the city is today extremely relevant, because such spaces are available more and more only in the zones of friction between the rational functions of planning and, more and more, only their existence allows the expression of creative practices.